These portraits were made by my student and friend, the amazing Elizabeth LaDuca, during her recent Flash with Film mentoring session with me.
One of my favorite things is to mentor other photographers. I've been a speaker at the Inspire Conference and mentor to several photographers at various levels around the globe.
- Incorporating analogue film into your digital workflow
- Getting started with/metering for film
- Metering for strobes with film
- shooting film with flash, both on and off camera
- how to deal with every lighting situation imaginable
- how to use strobes to mimic natural light
- how to light different types of faces and bodies
- How to incorporate off camera and on camera flash in your shooting in an organic way.
- how to create a sense of intimacy with your headshot clients that yields fabulous results
- how to pose your clients in a way that they don’t know they’re being posed and give you natural, flattering, and beautiful images.
- compassionate communication with your clients, even difficult ones.
- business/tax stuff for photographers.
- work/life balance - having a baby but still want to be a photographer? I can help you with that!
Flash with Film- Coming soon!
Getting started with film - Coming soon!
"I had the pleasure of learning how to integrate strobes and film with Arielle. As a film photographer based in New England, I face my fair share of dark and gloomy days, and felt like I really needed to master using strobes/flash on film to deliver consistently clean and beautiful results to my clients. Arielle's background in stunning portrait lighting and analog film made her the perfect fit! She is warm, patient and extremely knowledgeable, and made learning fun! Shooting film with strobes can be a challenge, as you cannot see immediate results, but the images came out gorgeous and it was easy to visualize how I would apply what I learned in a variety of scenarios. I highly recommend working with Arielle!" - Elizabeth LaDuca
"I had already been working as a professional photographer for several years, but knew there were some gaps in my knowledge of professional lighting that I needed to know to take my portfolio to the next level. Arielle consulted with me on equipment upgrades I could make, showed me several new lighting techniques, and gave me space and direction to try everything out in her studio and ask questions. She generously shared her wealth of knowledge in a totally non-intimidating way.
I now feel confident in my use of a portable studio lighting set up and already have several new clients because of it. " - Cara of wonderbliss photography